In the village
The fun doesn’t end when you get out of the water. We’ve got plenty of non-diving activities for you near Padang Bai:
Daytime in the village
- Catch the sunrise at Silayukti Temple and enjoy the morning light over Blue Lagoon.
- Watch the early morning preparations of scuba divers.
- Taste local treats at the morning market.
- Stroll along the beach front and admire the colourful jukung fishing boats.
- Listen to the Melanting Temple barang musicians.
- Enjoy the seclusion of White Sands Beach.
- Take an adventurous walk to Blue Lagoon beach and enjoy a swim, snorkel and snack.
- Taste delicious Topi Inn coffee and apple crumble, or do a cooking class.
- Visit the ships travelling to and from Lombok.
- Talk to the local fishermen.
- Call into Padang Bai elementary school and share your stories with the students.
- Explore the narrow laneways that run throughout the village.
- Swap books at local shops.
Evening in the Village
- Swim in the pool and indulge in sunset cocktails at the La Cabana Bar at Absolute Scuba.
- Dine on delicious and diverse specialty dishes at the La Cabana Restaurant. Ask for daily specials. Try the pizza.
- Papa John’s a great place for fresh fish and catching rugby and soccer games.
- Enjoy a refreshing drink at the Zen Inn.
- Eat fresh fish at Kerti and Puri Rai restaurants.
- Rock to the reggae beat at the Babylon Bar.